With your music festival at sea approaching, we know health & safety questions are on your mind. We believe your vacation with us is the safest way to travel compared to other congregate leisure activities where you have no control over the environment that you’re in. Norwegian Cruise Line has been a pioneer in implementing science driven measures that can tightly control and mitigate risk by instituting high-quality testing, vaccination requirements, access to therapeutics, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols.
To ensure you have the most up to date information from the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) and provide you with peace of mind as you get ready for your vacation, we are sharing some important Cruise Industry facts and Norwegian Cruise Line protocols.
Just The Facts
- All NCL & Sixthman sailings are 100% fully vaccinated for guests, artists, and crew. Cruising is the only industry in the US Travel and Tourism Sector requiring both vaccination and testing for crew and guests.
- Cruising is the only industry in the Travel & Entertainment sector that monitors, collects, and reports information about COVID-19.
- The latest data shows that, even with higher rates of testing, the cruise industry continues to achieve significantly lower rates of occurrence of COVID-19—33 percent lower than onshore.
- In the U.S. alone, the cruise industry administers nearly 10 million tests per week—21x the rate of testing in the United States.
Facts above were sourced from the Cruise Line International Association.
Safety & Sanitation
Comprehensive enhanced cleaning & sanitation protocols have been implemented across NCL’s fleet for your cruise experience. Each ship has an onboard medical staff, robust medical capabilities, and a dedicated Public Health Officer on board to oversee prevention initiatives and the day-to-day sanitation and cleanliness of the ship.
- 24/7 prevention schedule features continual disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points using EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Guest accommodations receive intensive non-toxic microbial disinfection daily.
- Medical-grade air filters of the highest filtration grade, (MERV 13 or HEPA)
- The upgraded H13 HEPA air filters can remove 99.9% of airborne pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus), the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Bio-polar ionization is used to continuously disinfect the air in occupied spaces.
SIXTHMAN is committed to and will continue to seek to lead the industry charge for guest safety through our Sixthman’s Assurance Program, Norwegian Cruise Line’s SailSAFE Program and NLCH’s voluntary opt-in to the CDC’s Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.