Concept Development Account Manager
Drive the Company’s Business Development efforts to identify program prospects (either call-in or hunted), research and vet prospects, move prospects through the funnel and own the pitch, negotiation, and close with goal of maintaining strong funnel and closing strong programs to support Company’s growth goals.
Concept Development Account Manager is responsible for closing at a minimum 6 programs each year.
Proactive, Organized, Follow Through, Creative, Confident, Communicator, Host, Respectful, Relational, Balanced, Diplomatic
- Maintain steady outreach on a targeted prospect list of new bands and brands that match the profile of successful partners for Sixthman events while also working with the Sr. Director of Business Development on tracking genres to ensure we’re building a balanced portfolio of events.
- Own the outbound and inbound concept development process– intake, research, pitching, budget development, term sheet creation, negotiation, and closing.
- Perform proactive research on potential partners plus pitch and build surveys for target audiences in the appropriate tone for the event to help gauge passion and interest.
- Develop strong relationships with the major agency and management firms to drive business leads and to close desired programs of the most favorable deal terms possible
- Maintain an organized status tracking system and contact list for new prospects & concepts as per the department SOP.
- Work with Sr. Director of Business Development to fulfill any block commitments domestically or internationally
- Work with the Sr. Director of Business Development and Sr. Manager of Business Development Operations to recommend changes or additions to systems and databases to support continuous improvement.
- Build and deliver tailored and sophisticated presentations, host ship tours and close new business based on set Company goals.
- Perform competitive analysis on talent acts, deal structures, industry trends, etc. and create recommendations as appropriate
- Mentor and leverage interns as appropriate to assist with research and development.
- Recommend, develop and implement process and procedure improvements to support scalability of growth of the company with focus on increased efficiency, accuracy, cost effectiveness as well as enhancing guest and artist experience.
- Attend relevant industry events or festivals or conferences to build relationships and to monitor best practices and make appropriate recommendations to keep Sixthman on the leading edge of industry.
- Sail on several of the Company’s festivals at sea annually and preform various duties onboard which could include partner relations manager, partner relations assist, business development hosting, host, artist relations, etc. with goal of delivering world class experience to guest, artists and partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience required
- Experience in the music industry interacting with agencies and management firms or prior business development experience a plus
- Experience with event management, social media and community management and a strong sense of customer service
- Must have good verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Detail oriented with high accuracy
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
- Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and Excel skills)
- Must be located in Greater Atlanta Area
- Candidate must be willing and able to comply with any mandatory safety protocols required to enter Sixthman’s office or sail on Sixthman’s events, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccination
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
Responsible for initial calls with business development prospects to assess potential fit for program, to outline an Event day in the life and to help sell the prospect on the benefits of Sixthman as their festival partner of choice.
Own decision making and informed recommendations related to ensuring successful launch, flight, advance and landing of your Events for all parties involved
WHO LEADS YOU
Director of Business Development/Partner Relations/Artist Relations directly with leadership by Sr. Partner Relations Manager
If you feel like you would be a great addition to the culture of Sixthman, then please send your resume, and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Concept Development Account Manager" in the subject line.
Since 2001, Sixthman has set the stage for moments that make life rock, serving over 300,000 guests unforgettable vacations on sand and at sea with their favorite artists, athletes, actors, comedians and brands. These carefully curated, intimate events bring non-stop performances, artist collaborations, in depth panels and Q&As, fan-artist activities, museums and overall truly immersive experiences that celebrate community and change expectations of what a vacation can be. Iconic artists served include Jon Bon Jovi, KISS, Kesha and many others across multiple genres. In 2019, Sixthman expanded their festivals at sea to Europe, sailing from Barcelona, Spain to exotic Mediterranean ports and also brought their innovative vacation concept to world class, all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic producing 18 total festivals in 2019. In 2020, Sixthman Services was launched to support other event holders with a suite of on-site and virtual event management services. Sixthman is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and is a subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line.