Marketing and Communications Specialist
Support the marketing team in executing digital marketing, email marketing, guest communication strategies, sponsorships and press opportunities for individual events at sea or land (including internationally) while advancing the overall Sixthman brand.
Supportive, Consistency, Presentation, Tone, Message, Clarity, Creative, Organized
- Oversee email strategy for assigned events, including:
- Assist community leaders in building & sending of guest communication emails
- Work with community leaders to construct, test and send marketing emails
- Shape all Interest List communications for event launches
- Contribute to Sixthman’s general email marketing strategy and calendar through bi-weekly database sends and other initiatives (i.e. “abandoned cart” emails)
- Contribute to communication strategies by re-shaping and overhauling verbiage, graphics and call to actions and by utilizing A/B Subject Testing to increase readership and grow lists.
- Maintaining company’s MailChimp account
- Support the company’s marketing department including:
- Understand and advance Sixthman’s show & tell marketing approach and utilize best practices for photo/video assets
- Develop and execute digital marketing plans for assigned events
- Execute marketing plans for assigned events, including the placement of Digital Advertising across various platforms
- Analyze Google Analytics data to make marketing recommendations
- Draft press releases and work with contract Public Relations team to ensure positive press placement for assigned events
- Assist Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist with events in revenue management
- Familiarize yourself with company’s photo assets and help locate images for various people and projects
- Own the content curation and postings on assigned social media accounts
- Work directly with partner and partner’s marketing teams for joint promotions for launches, lineup announces and other news.
- Lead design and vision for printed collateral, tour promo, etc. on assigned events
- Oversee the company’s Survey Monkey account:
- Create surveys for various teams when requested and field questions from Business Development and Warrior teams regarding surveys they are creating.
- Give final pass of all major surveys to verify logic, etc are correct throughout
- Assist Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist in sponsor acquisition by creating collateral and pitch decks. Work with Sixthman legal team to ensure all contracts are acceptable and sponsorships are paid.
- Represent the company on phone calls with potential media and promotional partners, partner’s marketing teams and potential software partners
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- Attend several of the Company’s land or sea events annually to serve as or otherwise support Public Relations team at venue and perform various duties at venue as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Social Media and paid Social Media Marketing for Business
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords
- Experience with Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey and Photoshop a plus
- Intermediate CSS / HTML skills a plus
- Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Detail oriented with high accuracy
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
- Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and strong Excel skills)
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
Email Marketing and guest communication strategies, Digital Marketing strategies and Social Media strategies for assigned events
WHO LEADS YOU