Hey there Sixthman blog. Long time, no see. It’s Jill Mac again. Apparently I am supposed to introduce myself with this blog. I thought I did a pretty good job with this blog (link: http://www.sixthman.net/blog/2008/10/23/sweatin-the-small-stuff/), but what the hey. I’ll give you a little more and maybe an update since then.
- I have a three-year-old little girl named Rachel who I love more than life itself. Ask me about her and see how fast you can get out of that convo. Ask me about her AND my husband and you should probably call in late for your next meeting.
- I am referred to by Andy Levine as “the one that doesn’t like people.” That is patently untrue. Andy just hasn’t ever seen The Power of Introverts (link to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4).
- I hate doughnuts. All doughnuts. That’s all I have to say about that.
- I am the Sixthman employee that sails on almost every cruise…and you will never see me. The reason for this is that while my fellow extroverted coworkers are out in the trenches running Flip Cup, I am sitting in a tiny office with 1 phone and 2 radios in front of me, making calls for the tables/beer/cups needed for said activity, while making the staffing grids for the next day and helping readjust the schedule due to the fact that rain is on the horizon for the next sea day. I put the pieces together so that when my staff gets to an event, they can focus and concentrate on you. Further evidence that I love people.
- I have seen every episode of “Friends” and I have all 10 seasons on DVD. I watched seasons 2 and 3 while in labor (for 24 hours). Don’t judge.
- My favorite thing about every cruise is debark day. Not because everyone leaves or the cruise is over, but because I love listening to my health conscious coworkers start talking about the airport Chili’s like they are getting ready to go to a five-star-freaking restaurant. The reason you can’t find a table at the airport Chili’s? Yeah that’s our party of 30 salivating over some queso and some 20oz beers.
- Gum is disgusting. I don’t even chew the Dentyne Fire I talked about in that blog link anymore. Why put food in your mouth that just turns into goo, then spit it out? Oh my god, I am totally getting dry heaves right now.
- Alex Denis is my go-to for all things young and hip. Followed closely by Natalie Powell. Totes for real….oh god help me.
- I am the President of the Big Girl Panties Coalition. Don’t whine about it, don’t panic, don’t freak out…just put your big girl panties on and deal with it. Everything’s gonna be alright.
That’s all from me right now. I’d tell you to come find me onboard, but just refer back to number 4. You might have to really ask around to do that.